Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It's My Birthday and I will Cry If I Want To

First, thank you to all of you who have wished me a happy birthday. Those who have taken the time to send me an ecard or a card in the mail - it means a lot to me. I have yet to open the cards from the Grogans or the Macauleys or even from my relatives in Nebraska. I feel a little weird opening a birthday card before the day, so when I get home tonight I will spend some time reading and I am sure laughing.

I have almost been in New York City for a year. It is crazy, fun and weird. I miss all my friends from Ohio a lot. Although I have some friends here, there is no doubt that my true friends can be found in Ohio. I still wonder if moving to New York was the correct decision, or if taking the New York bar was in any way a good idea to begin with 3 years ago. I know that I am 3 more years away from waiving into Ohio and practicing there if I so decide. Birthdays like this make me question the decisions that I have made and the choices that I still have left.

I am 29. The last year before 30. I can still say I am in my 20s, but only for 365 more days - that is crazy! For now, however, I will just dwell on the last few decisions I have made...I SUCK AT PICKING THOSE WILL BE TOSSED FROM AMERICAN IDOL!

This week I think Kelly P should go. She was piss poor - has been for sometime. However, she is still the favorite on votefortheworst.com. She is getting votes just because she sucks - good for her! If it is not K.P., then I think Elliot or Paris should go. They are my bottom 3. We shall see.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday old man. 29 is a breeze believe me. Also, you still look like you're 28 so that's cool...

Anonymous said...

"It is better to regret something you have done than something you did not do, and tell your mom SATAN SATAN SATAN."

jessafran said...

happy birthday, jam!

i think your decisions have guided you down a phenomenal path so far, so take pride in knowing you've come a long way from mr.brennan's biology class at ghs.
hope you have a fantastic day and be sure to buy yourself something pretty.

Anonymous said...

I said it on Michael's blog, but it means more here...

Happy Birthday. We miss you too!

Anonymous said...

I admire that you went to the big city, and there was no better time in your life to do so. Once upon a time, I gave it serious thought, moving to New York or DC, and I decided against it. I don't regret that, but I don't get hung up over whether it was the correct choice, when it was merely a choice. And neither should you.

As for the age thing, 29 is a great age to be. 30 is not so bad either. It is 31 that sucks -- because then it'll dawn on you that are closer to 40 than 20. (Of course, that is also true a second after you turn 30, but 31 is still worse.)

Anonymous said...

just because you are 29... doesn't mean you can't write in your blog.