Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Success is Measured By Many Methods

Well, I survived! First oral argument. Although I am sure that it was similar to Mr. Bebout's run in with a moving Nyer, I still think that it went pretty well.

Interestingly enough, the room that I had my argument in was the same room that I did a trial competition in a few years back. So when I was sitting in the room, waiting to be called, I had the opportunity to remember back to pleasant times when a paycheck did not matter on your performance - then again that was also a time when no paycheck was given!

Today is a beautiful day. 70s, sun, little breeze - wonderful time to be in New York!

I just found out that I get to go to a Yankees game tomorrow. Nothing like going to a game in the middle of the day, when you are supposed to be working. I was told by my boss that I am NOT to wear any of that "g** damn Indians crap." For those of you who are not aware, the Indians and Yankees are currently tied for the wildcard - nice!

Back to work.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love stories about your boss! Can you post a pic of him???

Anonymous said...

HAHA! I can't believe how much your boss swears. It totally turns me on.

jessafran said...

wait- hill-you're turned on by the yelling boss? was this before or after you saw the pic :)

Professor Bacher said...

It is amazing...my blog has not gotten this much action in a while. Who knew that all I had to do was post a picture of my boss!

Anonymous said...

actually jess... my name is Hil (I am not a mount of dirt.) secondly, i was turned on after i saw the pick. I like older men... remember? I wish Jamie would start balding...

Anonymous said...

What in hell is a moving Nyer and how does it remind you of court? I am confused but if you wre trying to slam me you had better cover your ass because I will take you DOWN Mr Bacher