Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Not and Exciting Person

I am not an exciting person, which is why I am always surprised by people who visit my blog. For example, today I received an email from Kristen informing me that someone from Canada was looking for "Jamie Bacher" and came to her page. Who would have thought that I would be known in Canada. Most likely it was Brian McWha or some other past LEIMUN member.

Nothing is new for me. I argued before the 1st Department, Appellate Court a week and a half ago. It was pretty fun, however, I got by far the hottest bench - every judge asked me questions. The worst part was that I was not permitted to answer any of them. After one judge asked a question, another would chime in. It was an "experience" to say the least, but that is all I can say.

Today is a beautiful day in the city. Only around 70, but sunny. There are a lot of people in town for the UN Summit this week, but we all know that the UN really does nothing!

Grandma is on her road to recovery. She seems to have gotten back into her old self again, which I missed a great deal of. There are family issues, sure, but everyone is reasonably healthy and happy!

How about the rest of you?

5 comments:

melcarrel said...

I like you just the way you are Jamie. And I still like to visit your blog even if you don't write everyday.

I have never been to New York City. It looks WAY too scary for me. I freak out about taking cabs anywhere, and I freak out in downtown city driving.

Anyway, it's nice to actually know somebody there to get their perspective on things. That way, if it's cool, I may consider visiting, if not, no big loss.

Kristen said...

Your panties have sold out. I need some more.

Kristen said...

Seriously though, I'm glad Grams in getting better. I know it isn't easy to be far away when stuff like that is going down. Everything else I want to say needs to be private so I will send you an email.

Smooch!

Simply Minded said...

i'm well, thanks for asking

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear grandma is progressing well.

I've been preparing for trial, in trial, or recovering trial most of this month, so that's how I've been.