Friday, September 16, 2005

First Multi-Party Deposition

Well, I get my first multi-party deposition today. A slip and fall case. Plaintiff goes first and then the Defendant. Should be interesting.

Larry looked over my first Deposition and told me that he was happy (he refuses to use the word impressed) because I did not screw it up and it was okay for my first time. He made sure that I knew there were questions that he would have asked to get more out of it - but for my first time it was fine.

I booked my flight for the MUN conference - hopefully it will be one of my last MUN conferences. The pleasant thing was that the ticket was only $138 (including tax). I thought that airlines were raising their fees!

Went to McSorleys last night. It was great! It is the oldest Pub in the city - smelled like 150 year old beer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

McSorley's ... cool!

I was eating some lousy Sbarro's pizza the other day, and thought about how we didn't get into the city for John's Pizza the last time I was out.

Refuses to use the word "impressed" heh. Is he saving it for a more momentous occasion?

Anonymous said...

wow! Multi-party depositions! I painted tee shirts last night. Thanks for putting my life in perspective.

Professor Bacher said...

The multi-party depo did not happen. Defense counsel did not realize that he was supposed to bring a witness (so much for court ordered). It was a 2 1/2 hour nightmare. There was definately a bit of a language barrier - but only when my client was asked to expound on a question.

I would rather be t-shirt painting...

Anonymous said...

You should pull it out. Then Larry would have no other option than to say he was impressed. Or no?

Anonymous said...

good one, dave... good one.

Professor Bacher said...

Hils, you know you really DO NOT need to egg him on! He does not need any help.

Anonymous said...

And from her comment, neither do you "Big Jim"