Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Home For the Weekend

Yes, I still call Ohio home. I live in New York, but still welcome the trip back to Ohio where all my family and friends are.

It was a pleasant weekend. Hils picked me up from the airport on Friday and we went to my moms on Saturday to help with the Crown Molding. Let me assure you, for those of you who did not know, I am DEFINATELY not cut out for the "trades." I attempted to assist my younger brother, who does finishing work for a living, but I failed miserably. I did put in some nails, helped Joshua in any way that I could, and in the end my mom's condo looked great.

Saturday evening I had the pleasure of seeing Michael's house. It is definately a home with some character, although it will be interesting to see if Michaels idea of character wins out over Marquise (I have my dollar on Marquise - haha). Then we went to dinner and it was great. Over drinks Michael told us all the good news that the Bebouts had their baby - so congrats to them!

Sunday was an early day. Woke up at 6am, went to the airport, landed in Newark and then made it to my apartment by 11am. Later that day I had dinner with Monica.

It was an eventfully relaxing weekend. Thank you to all those back home. I only wish that I could have spent some time with Kristen's crew - but I am sure they were off having a good time as well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only wish you responded to emails and we'd known you were home for the weekend.

Professor Bacher said...

I LOVE CHOLESTEROL!!!!

and

I LOVE KRISTEN!!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have known you were in Cleveland on Saturday. We were in Cleveland looking for apartments. We could have met you guys out.

Anonymous said...

It's ok Christie. Jamie had to spend time with his "non-girlfriend". And Michael and Marquise.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh! Kristen weren't you in Erie? I thought you were out of town for the weekend, or I'd have been in touch! Besides, we were tearing down molding and painting, and cleaned up only long enough for the driveby dinner with Jamie and Hil, after Jamie put up molding at his mom's.

Christie, next time you and Tom are in Cleveland looking for apts, would love to see you guys too -- where are you looking?

Cholesterol, you will kill me yet!

The vision thing -- I'll get back to you after the next coat of red paint. The purple is looking pretty good! (Really need to update the house blog.)

Anonymous said...

Ok, Jamie... first off it wasn't crown molding. It was base board. Crown molding goes at the ceiling. Base board goes at the ground. Get it? Crown, base... see the difference?

Anywho... I apologize for not being able to spent time with everyone. Since, I held the position as Jamie's event planner and chauffeur for the weekend...I can vouche that he had a packed schedule. He didn't even have time to get a hair cut... grrr.

And why did cholesterol news scout you Jamie? Maybe it's a sign...

Anonymous said...

I think the best cure for cholesterol is a nice think butter and egg sandwich.