Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Indians are on a Roll/My New Pen Pal: Mark Schwab

How about those Indians! I love the fact that I am in NYC and the Indians are 1 game ahead of them in the Wild Card race. Good times!

For those of you who remember, I went to Spring Training this Summer in Winterhaven, FL. While there I had the opportunity to talk with Mark Schwab, he is one of the sports guys on 1100 WTAM. When I was there Schwab and I spoke to Jake Westbrook on the radio (live) and I was telling Jake that I need him to get 20 wins for my fantasy team. Well, it is a few months later and he only has 15 wins. So I sent Schwab an email yesterday and told him about my situation in NYC - I am the only person here who likes the Indians and hates the Yankees.

I told him that my boss (Larry - see blog a few posts ago) used to walk in my office and say hello. Now, he walks in, sees the Indians hat on my desk, shakes his head and walks away. Then there is Victor. He has begun only speaking to me if the Indians do not win the night before. And when the Indians do not win he always starts the conversation with: "See I told you they are not going to make it into the playoffs - sorry." But since the Indians have been winning a lot lately, Victor no longer talks to me -which is fine because he really does not have all that much to say.

So anyways, I emailed Schwab and he emailed me back saying that my stories are hilarious (must be a slow night at the Jake) and I should call in sometime. I doubt that I will, but who knows - back to work!

GO TRIBE!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're cute.

jessafran said...

i love the fact that the guy won't talk to you. who does that?!?!

Anonymous said...

Call Schwabby!

Professor Bacher said...

Who does that? MY BOSS!! A Yankees fan - they are one in the same..haha

Anonymous said...

Is the New York air getting to you or something?

Anonymous said...

Go Tribe. I think it is funny that someone so quickly removed from NE Ohio coudl forget what it is like to live here in the fall when the Indians are doing good. Shame on you Jessica SHAME>
I think that you, friend Jim, should stop talking to this Victor and your boss and if you absolutley have to use a monotone.