Friday, September 23, 2005

What a Week!

Ever since I put "Pronk" on my desk, he has been on FIRE! It is great. I am taking complete credit for the Indians continued success. You are all very welcome.

It has been a busy week full of little adventure and excitement.

On Monday Larry gave me his tickets to the Yankees game. It was a great game, with them winning in the bottom of the 9th with a homerun. By that point, Cleveland was winning so I was feeling pretty confident. Michael kept me up to date on the score throughout the entire game (thanks to him texting me - Thanks Michael). It was an exciting game, but I was rooting for Baltimore to win the game - that was too much to ask!

Yankees Have the WORST Fans
I discovered that New York has the WORST fans! For example, there was a man sitting a few rows behind me who was clearly a Yankees fan but who, for some reason or another, enjoyed making fun of other Yankees fans. He was clearly drunk (or at least I hope that is not how he looks when he is sober) and seemed to think that he was really clever calling people names. His two favorite names were: "Bumble Bee" and "Santa Claus".

When someone would stand up, blocking his view, he would tell them to sit down (followed by one of the aforementioned names). As the game went on he even began calling players on the Baltimore Team by those names and by the 8th inning, when A-Rod failed to get a hit, he called him a Bumble Bee. It would have been more amusing if I was not paying $8.00 for a plastic bottle of Coors. I actually have no idea who the person is in the picture above, but that is what you get for having your pictures online for EVERYONE to see!

Rest of the week was pretty busy, having to go to court each day - but thats what I get paid for.

Now it is Friday, the Yankees are in first place and the White Sox are barely ahead of the Indians. Larry is happy with this turn of events, although I would love it if the Yankees did not make it. I kind of hope that the Indians play the Yankees. That way I can walk around town with my Indians jersey and get bad looks!

Verizon can Go to Hell
I finally got Verizon to agree that their service was not working for me. They cancelled it and promised to send me a prepaid postage sheet so I can send the modem I have back. I called them yesterday and they explained that I did not have to send the modem back because it was refurbished and out of the warranty date. However, they also told me that they could not remove the 1 month of service that I was charged for. Their policy is to credit the account. When I cancelled the phone service and explained that a credit is useless to me, the woman on the phone finally "got it."

Tomorrow is cable day and they should be there between 8am and 12pm to install the cable modem - wow it will be great to have internet at home.

Stephen A. Smith
Those of you who are ESPN fans will know the name. He hosts a live show on weekdays on ESPN2 where he interviews people. Next monday he will be interviewing Jim Brown from the Cleveland Browns and I just scored a ticket. So it will be taped next Monday and I will be sure to let you know when it will be aired.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That yankees fan you wrote about -- I think I sat in a section with him when I went to Yankee Stadium to see the Indians back in '97. And yes, I wore my Indians garb, on the subway, at the game, and out to dinner after the game! And no one messed with me (much). Well, I almost didn't get seated for dinner, but he was only kidding.

Here's to the Twins and Tigers -- may they pummel the White Sox over the next few days!

Anonymous said...

also - very cool about the ticket to the ESPN Jim Brown interview. I look forward to hearing about it!

Anonymous said...

Dude, that was the funniest post I have read all week!

Anonymous said...

Not all Yankee fans are bad....

Anonymous said...

Jamie...is Tiffany your new girlfriend?

Anonymous said...

He wishes, Hilary!

Anonymous said...

Love cable internet -- trust you will too: makes all the difference in the world to have good internet at home :-)

You missed the pre-fixe at Dorothy's Bliss, fyi. (But will let you know if it returns.) Bliss got a great review in the Times.