Monday, October 03, 2005

Movies, Moving Out and those DAMN INDIANS!

The neighbor next door moved out last weekend. She had been there for four years. Little did I know that there would be workers in the apartment bright and early Saturday morning. What do I mean by "bright and early?" 7:30am is what I mean. At least it was the same time that I normally wake up, so I guess that is something. The pounding continued throughout the day, with my finally deciding that I could take no more. So as a result I walked across the street and saw a 1:35 movie - Serenity.

For those of you who have been paying attention to the Indians, you know that they were playing Saturday and Sunday for a possible spot in the Playoffs. For those of you who have been paying attention, you will also know that the Indians lost on Friday, which made Saturday all that more important. However, because of the crappy television in New York, only the Yankees were being shown on television. So rather than sitting at home, with the pounding next door, and watching the updates on the internet, I thought that it would be okay to see a movie.

Serenity was one of the BEST movies I have EVER seen! Now I was a HUGE fan of the quickly cancelled series on FOX, but I had no idea that Joss Weadon would do such a great job taking his ideas to the screen. There has been a lot of talk about how this will be the "new" starwars, but I am not saying that much. What I am saying is that this was an enjoyable movie with great special effects and a lot of dialogue that will make you laugh. At the end of the movie, people actually clapped! It was that good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now Jamie - surely it wasn't better than HP3?

Anonymous said...

Firefly fan, eh? i always thought Master Joss spelled his sir-name whedon. but then again, i could be wrong; as i am merely a young pup with a heart of gold, currently AWOL from his current bomb-sniffing assignment for the US Canine Army Reserve.