Thursday, February 09, 2006

My Cousin and The Grammys


Audio Adrenaline Wins Another Grammy
I was just reminded that my cousin, Jay Joyce in Nashville, TN, was nominated last night for a Grammy. He produced the album Until My Heart Caves In, by Audio Adrenaline. It won last night! Pretty cool. It is funny because I grew up with Jay. He is older than I am, but I always remember him as being the one at the reunions who would bring his guitar. My uncle would find a piano, Jay would play the guitar and the rest would sing and do whatever - granted, I think they were all doing a lot of drugs at that time...who would have known. Nevertheless, congrats to Audio Adrenaline and Jay Joyce!

Interestingly enough, although they have been up for Grammys in the past, critics say that alot of there most recent success is because of Jay: "Much of that sonic leap towards elevated intensity stems from a pairing with acclaimed producer/guitarist Jay Joyce (The Wallflowers, Iggy Pop, Patty Griffin, Macy Gray). His expansive mainstream experiences, coupled with a cutting edge approach behind the boards, stretched the foursome."

"He was really the first producer who really 'got' what it was that we wanted to do and encouraged us to bring out our passions to the greatest extent possible," McGinniss confirms. "We had no idea what to expect at first, but God really directed our relationship with him and the end result brought all of our performances up to the next level. Jay is a rocker and a rockstar who simply wanted to capture the here and now and vibe of a certain moment, rather than making It perfect or polished." (http://www.christianitytoday.com/music/artists/audioadrenaline.html).

More information on my Cousin: http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/music/artist/appears/0,,450851,00.html

Strangely enough he also was credited for the Faith Hill song: Fireflys. I heard from my mom that he co-wrote it with Faith and my brother says he is on one of her concert CDs. He has came out on the stage and helped sing...pretty cool.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has ever worked with Kevin Bacon?

Anonymous said...

I wish you were as cool as your cousin.

Professor Bacher said...

Kristen:
Thanks a lot for your kind comments. I too wish that I was as cool as my cousin.

Anonymous said...

You are as cool as at least one of your cousins aren't you?
I think you are as cool as several of my cousins. I have one that is self loving furniture salesman and I am sure you are more cool than him by far.
I also have a cousin that fights in the UFC. You may not ne able to beat him up, but violence is not cool so you could be as cool as him too.

Anonymous said...

I'm related to Shirley Temple.

Anonymous said...

Jack Webb, TV's Joe Friday was my Grandma's first cousin.