Friday, June 16, 2006

Indians WIN, Indians WIN, Indians WIN!


The Indians won the yesterday in a pretty close game. The final score was 8-4 with the good guys finally pulling off a victory.

There were several times when the Yankees could easily come back and win this game, but luckily for us, A-Rod sucks in the clutch and so does Giambi.



Notable players from the game include Jhonny Peralta finally coming out of his miserable slump to go 3 for 4 with 2 RBIs and 2 Runs. However, the most important stat of the game for me was that Jhonny did NOT have any errors in the

game. I still think he belongs at A-Baseball, or even with the Lake County Captains, but he did okay for once.

Also playing a great game was Todd Hollandsworth who went 2 for 5 with 1 run, and 4 RBIs. Most important for Hollandsworth is that he hit a KEY Homerun late in the game (right as I wanted to use the bathroom). With Casey Blake going to the DL today and Jason Michaels most likely hurting from an amazing attempted catch, Hollandsworth will be very important over the next few weeks.

My favotire player, Grady Sizemore, did not play particularly well (compared to how he normally does) but it is always nice to see this kid play.

On the day, Grady went 1 for 5 with 1 run, but the one hit was a Double in the 8th (when it mattered the most).

I have always said that this kid is great. Ever since Jason, my brother, and I met him 2 years ago in Winterhaven and he just seemed like a great guy. I worry that he may get a big head, but I am happy to see him running the bases as if his life depended on it and making great catches in Center Field.

I have more to this post, but it looks like Blogger is going to kick me out - I will finish this later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to see someone else root against the yankees. Go Indians!

Anonymous said...

yay tribe!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to see the Indians play the Yanks in Cleveland during the first week of July. I hope they can pull off a win then, too. They are just so inconsistent! I also like Grady Sizemore and love Travis Hafner. Go Tribe!!!

Anonymous said...

GO BROWNS!!!

Anonymous said...

GO BROWNS!!!