Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ode to Gilmore Girls


Gilmore Girls IS QUALITY Television!
I have received a lot of crap about my choice in making Gilmore Girls one of my favorite shows on tv. First let me say that yes I am a boy and second I do like girls and the assets they bring to the situation - I don't like the man-ham, but I do still enjoy the Gilmore Girls' saga nevertheless.

Because of the crap that people are giving me, I would like to explain my 10 top reasons for enjoying this show.


10. There are over 14 million Gilmore Girls webpages in Al Gore's Universe;
9. Edward Herrman is one of the greatest actors of our time - he kicked butt in Richie Rich!;
8. They have their token Asian: Lane Kim;
7. They have their token "closet" gay french guy: Michael Gerard;
6. The show has their own 'Book Club,' just like Oprah;
5. By the time of its fifth season, Gilmore Girls received an American Film Institute Award and two Viewers for Quality Television Awards, and was named New Program of the Year by the Television Critics Association;
4. So many women with shinny blue eyes cannot be wrong!;
3. We not only get to watch Rory grow up, but also get to watch her butt get bigger as the seasons progress;
2. They had an episode entited 'Women of Questionable Morals' - COME ON! You gotta love it; AND
1. Several of the writers from Buffy the Vampire Slayer are also writers for Gilmore Girls;

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have "shinny" blue eyes... what the shit?

You still have not justified this show... you never will.

Anonymous said...

I didn't even read this whole post...because I don't have to. Gilmore Girls is totally quality television and one of my favorites! Cheers to you Mr. Bacher.

Anonymous said...

Dude, you are so not the only guy who watches this show, Ray loves Gilmore Girls!

Professor Bacher said...

Yes he does, and notice that he is above you on my blog rankings. I take EVERYTHING into consideration.

Anonymous said...

I have not watched on complete episode of the Gilmore Girls. I have seen severla minutes of several episodes, but I always get distracted as commercial breaks and move on to somehting else.
This is not a reflection of the program, but more a statement fo my attention span for mother daughter angst.
I do come back to the show and will pause on it though, so it can't be all bad. I think it is on the same time NCIS, and I am hooked on the real-to-life action there.

Anonymous said...

i love gilmore girls!!

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad you posted that not gay disclaimer at the beginning or I would have had questions for sure.