Friday, August 11, 2006

Browns are Back in Town

Browns vs. Eagles - Preseason Game 1

Everyone says that preseason does not count. It is only a way for the lesser known players to shine and get a place in the lineup. It is a way for the coaches to see how the rookies play in a real game situation. Well I tell you that is bunk! Preseason is a way for the die hard football fans to get a taste for the game. It is a way for those baseball "fans" to see something other than the Boston and Yankees "race." It is a way for grown men to spend 4 hours getting hammered and blame it on the game, rather on their sheer boredom.

For me, preseason marks the start of the NFL season. After a dismal Indians' year, and although I guess Cleveland has a good basketball player - er team, Soccer has long been gone and all I have to look forward to are the Browns.

So how did they do?

Chuck, the Charlie Frey played well. He went 4 for 7 for 23 yards, but the most amazing thing is that he threw to four different receivers. At least thins shows that Frey is looking around the field.

WinSLOW caught 2 passes for 7 yards, but the most amazing thing is that he DID NOT HURT HIMSELF!

Edwards is still not playing, but I would rather him rest until the regular season begins. I am not sure the O-line will hold up to protect Frey and I would like a good go to guy other than WinSLOW.

Defense looked good, keeping it close in the first half. Then Garcia came in and was GREAT - wait...we don't have him anymore. In any case, he looked great against our 3rd team. Way to go guy.

Next? The Lions...didn't they have Garcia last year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your analysis is accurate. I am considering a tailgate for next Friday evening but then again I may not. I don't have a ticket and I am not sure if I want to be that guy that just drinks beer in the parking lot and then goes home.