Monday, March 06, 2006

Great Trip - But Horrible Flight Home

I will be posting information from the weekends fun. I got 20 autographs and also a baseball (well I went for it, hit it with my finger, and it fell into my father's shirt).

Before I do all that, I just wanted to ask a favor. I found out last night before getting on the flight home that my grandmother (Grandma Davis) was taken to the hospital yesterday because she had a mini-stroke. Most of you have met my grandmother, or at least her shag carpeting, so I would appreciate it if you could all keep her in your prayers. She is in good spirits, but this is the first time she has ever been in a hospital (she is almost 80!!!). Uncle Ned is with her and my mom will be hanging out for the next few days as well. Please keep her in your toughts.

Thanks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will certainly keep Grandma in my prayers. Let me know if there is anything I can do!!

Glad to hear you had a good trip.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you had this bad news when you got home Jamie. She will be in my thoughts as will you and your mother.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your Grandma as well. I will keep her in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to learn of this as well. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Anonymous said...

As we discussed on Big Mike's blog in recent days, words of emotional support usually sound scripted. I always feel odd saying them even though I mean them whole-heartedly. I have never met your grandmother. Most likely because I was never invited to visit with you at anytime while you were there over the last ten or so years. But, I have heard you speak of here often and have heard from those may people who have met her, and always she has garnered a strong and positive response. I am deeply sorry that she has suffered a stroke and do wish her a quick and full recovery.
I am not at all upset the your trip was tarnished as I wish I could break away for a long weekend in Florida, but I would much rather it had been something like lost luggage or loose bowls. I was happy to hear that you did not catch the ball.
But, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers and if you require a shoulder to lean on or a sympathetic ear, I am, as always here for you.

Note to reader: it has come to my attention as of late that James does not alwsys "get" me. Be assured that the proceeding was ment to lighten his mood and ease his burden. I am not a mena person. If you thouhgt I was, go fuck.