Friday, March 17, 2006

My First Trial???

Happy St. Patrick's Day To All!!

So I have been working really hard lately to settle this case. Not too good on damages, but liability is a slam dunk. There are several defendants and their insurance companies are giving me the run around. I told this to Mr. Saftler and his response was: "Let's Try It!" Ummm, that means that I will be trying my first case on Monday in the Bronx. I am a little excited, and a little worried. This weekend will be spent preparing for the trial and making sure that all my experts are lined up. I am really happy that I did that trial work in Law School - I wonder how close this is to the mock-trial competitions I did in Law School?

As far as careers go, things are going pretty well for me. I have made a lot of contacts in the city and even got a call about a potential new client who I am going to meet tonight. That is the key to this business, you have to bring cases in and then you are good to go. Every day is still new for me, so I am really happy about the choice that I have made. I love the fact that I go to work and learn something new all the time. Is my boss sometimes difficult to work for? Sure, but who's is not? Can I make more money elsewhere? Definately, but I would not be getting the experience that I an getting now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go big jamie on your first trial. good luck.
i heard it hurts the first time, but after that it gets better. i'll have a drink for you tonight for your lack of going out for st. patrick's day and all.

Anonymous said...

Jamie, your sad scak picture does your inner excitment no justice.Althouhg I like the green sweater.
I know all too well how exciting it feels to realize that something was the right decision. Good luck on Monday sticking to the Man, or being the Man as the case may be. I won't judge you either way.
pnotz

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you, Jamie! I know that you have had doubts in the past about Saftler and the Big Apple. But, I really think you got this job for a reason. You are learning so much. And you are getting great experience. I really am proud of you. And you work so hard. And do I complain about your work hours sometimes, but please disregard. I just miss you. You're brilliant! I love you! (Yes, I made that public...I'm sorry)
P.S. We can celebrate a belated St. Patrick's Day in Ireland!

Anonymous said...

How did it go?

Anonymous said...

We are all pins and needles here James. HOw are things going in law land?