Thursday, March 02, 2006

You Have Got To Bring Your A Game

Lets think about some of the comments we have heard over the last 2 nights on American Idol:

Simon: "I just don't think you picked the right song." "You need to get out of your comfort zone." "If I was listening to that on the radio, I would have changed the channel."

Paula: "Simon, you are so mean." "Why don't you try to be nicer Simon?" "You are just stupid, Simon." "I am moving away from you, Simon." Once she moves down - "I just don't think you picked the right song." "You need to get out of your comfort zone." "If I was listening to that on the radio, I would have changed the channel."

Randy: "Yo, dawg, how's it going?" "Yo Dawg, my Dog poud, yo dawg, thought that you, dawg, were in the dog pound, yoooooooo." "Dawg."

Ryan: "Simon, your shirts are too tight."

Titalating, I assure you! But hey...I did in fact watch - I admit it!

This week saw the guys and girls once again, but with only 10 of each. The first night, girls, was pretty sad. The only ones who were decent were the really young ones. The reason why they were decent is because it is amazing that at such a young age they could be as good as they are. I think that the best one was Mandisa. I worry, though, that the only reason why she is going to make it on further is because she is a large woman. I think that this year we are seeing all of the longshots make it further, just because it is good for the show. All in all, I think she is one of my favorites of the women - I think that she has the strongest voice of all the contestants and should continue on.

As for the guys...I was pretty shocked at how poor they were. I think they were MUCH better last week. The good thing is that because they all equally were poor, it will come down to favorites. Once again, Taylor Hicks remains at the top of my list.

My picks for who will be voted off are:

Brenna Gethers. Although she seems to know how to sing - I think that her attitude has gotten the best of her and people are ready to see her go.







David Radford - People have had enough of this kid. He sings the same things over and over again. I love "rat pack" music, but the Hip-Hop generation will not let him stay.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got my fingers crossed for Brenna and big lips and croonie and Gedeon.

Anonymous said...

I'm no lover of Gideon (I refuse to spell it the way he does) but I don't like everyone ganging up on him, and by everyone I mean Dave. Brenna did not do a good job and deserved to go. The same with Heather. She ruined Hero. I was looking for a hero to rescue us from her rendition. The crooner, eech! Tam is right I think is and was plotting his revenge. I was sorry to see Sway go but let's face it, he wasn't going to make it to the end anyway. I predict Chris will win it all. He can sing, has the look and people love his background story. Oh and look for a divorce down the line.

Taylor Hicks, I love the Commodores and I liked your rendition of Easy but I want the powers that be to just level with us and tell us you have Tourette's so we can move on and stop being disturbed by it.

Good predictions Bacher. Oh, and the little kid, Chicken Little, let's stop being nice and send him packing. Maybe he can come back in 3 years when he's no longer a virgin and has some life experience to add to his performance.

Dead eye Ace is creeping me out with all his smoldering stares into the camera.

Anonymous said...

And one more thing. In the opening last night, I mean the girl has pipes and I understand she's a big girl, her choice. But Mandisa's outfit was not figure flattering in the least. I did not know elephants could wear blue jeans.

Aawww Snap! Bring it!

Anonymous said...

Radford would be ok if he didn't suck ass. It's not his music choice. He just plain blows. I am glad to see him go. Now, if we could get rid of that geek with the hair lip.